563476982

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I have no high school alma mater.






I went to Dr. James J. Hogan Junior High School then to Vallejo Senior High School for 10th grade, returning to Dr. James J. Hogan Senior High School for 11th and 12th grades. The school district needed another high school and made the junior high into one. Still, we had pride and beat Vallejo at football. After almost 50 years this school year it is once again a junior high. It's pretty sad to think of not having a high school around anymore. A year ago when my friend Kaarlyn visited from Toronto I took a copy of One Magical Summer to the principal to donate to the school. I signed it and made sure I put Class of 1964, Hogan Senior High School, for posterity. Go Spartans! Blue and white all the way!

No comments: