563476982

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I asked the mayor to dance.

































































There I was getting my vegetables and some fruit at the weekly farmers market at Civic Center and was dancing to the wonderful boogie of a young piano player and drummer that are there sometimes. It's the 30th anniversary celebration with music all day long and at 1 o'clock the mayor appears with at least three well dressed agents looking out for him. I went over to the small circle of people and said, "Hi Mayor Lee. Would you like to dance?" He responded, "Was that a cha cha?" before someone else took his attention. The music was so good I let loose and had some fun dancing. There were a few of us mature adults having a good time and taking advantage of good dancing music. I've been going to that market for about a third of its existence there and more lately because I enjoy my vege dish so much. Today I bought chard, bok choy, spinach, beet tops (gratis), and some Asian apples. It's a lovely weekly event. Mayor Lee missed his chance to dance with one of the best.

No comments: