563476982

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chemicals Are Absorbed Through the Skin


Following my bout with diseased cells I have created a list of known carcinogens and chemicals common in every-day personal and home care. Although it's impossible to escape chemicals in the environment entirely I've learned to take precautions. Make a list of chemicals and take a look at ingredients in products and decide if you want to use toothpaste, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, lipstick, lip balm, make-up, and cleaning products that have these chemicals. I prefer not to have chemicals absorbed through my skin directly into my cells and blood. For cleaning I use white vinegar in water, baking soda, lemon, hydrogen peroxide in water to sterilize. Have you tried Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap? It's a complete body wash and a drop on a toothbrush cleans the teeth. I use Ivory white bar soap as well. Hydrogen peroxide is a great astringent and mouthwash. Baking soda and apple cider vinegar cleans the hair. I haven't tried making my own lotion yet so we use Jason's. I also use a shower filter and drinking water filter.

No comments: