563476982

Monday, April 27, 2009

Being Prepared, or Sing What I Want, Not What You Think I Want

OCC Use Michael's guest book and begin a new section. Presiding: Stake President Conducting: Bishop Prelude music: Larry Petersen Chorister: Rose Greene, sister Pianist: Judy Genter, niece Opening hymn: If I Could Hie to Kolob, verses 1-5 Opening prayer: Stephanie, daughter-in-law My eulogy is on my familysearch profile on Life Sketch. Just add my d.o.d. to access. Can be read by Evelania. Come Thou Fount sung by Rick, Evelania, Rebecca, Adam, Stephanie, Paul Life sketch: Evelania, Adam, Paul Remarks: Stake President Closing hymn: God Be With You Till We Meet Again Closing prayer: Rick, son-in-law Changed November 2 to reflect the same memorial service as Michael's on October 30, 2009. Magleby's 3111 No. Main St. Walnut Creek 925-934-6500 http://www.affordable-markers.com/ Already paid: Next to Dad under the heart Joseph Smith, History of the Church, Volume VI, p. 308-311, “King Follett Discourse,” March 9, 1844. “The mind of man is as immortal as God himself. I know that my testimony is true; hence, when I talk to these mourners, what have they lost? Their friends and relatives are separated from their bodies for only a short season; their spirits existed coequal with God, and they now exist in a place where they converse together, the same as we do on the earth. Is it logic to say that a spirit is immortal and yet has a beginning? Because if a spirit has a beginning, it will have an end. That is good logic. I want to reason further on the spirit of man, for I am dwelling on the spirit and body of man--on the subject of the dead. I take my ring from my finger and liken it unto the mind of man, the immortal spirit, because it has no beginning. Suppose I cut it in two; as the Lord lives, because it has a beginning, it would have an end. All the fools and learned and wise men from the beginning of creation who say that man had a beginning prove that he must have an end. If that were so, the doctrine of annihilation would be true. But if I am right, I might with boldness proclaim from the house tops that God never did have power to create the spirit of man at all. God himself could not create himself. Intelligence exists upon a self-existent principle; it is a spirit from age to age, and there is no creation about it. Moreover, all the spirits that God ever sent into the world are susceptible to enlargement.”

No comments: