563476982

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

June 16, 1960, 4:55 p.m.

Sixty years ago my mother, little sister and I left on the road trip of a lifetime through 48 states, Mexico and Canada, Mother driving her pale green '55 Chevy pulling a small trailer. The date snuck up on me and suddenly last night I remembered and am so glad. My journal has been published, One Magical Summer, on the 100th anniversary of Mother's birth, 10 years ago. We saw more of the country than most and in 2008 and 2009 my husband and I cruised and flew to my last two states. We had a great time together and I'm so grateful for seeing my last two states with him. I'm very fond of Ken Burns' The National Parks and we've been in many of them. To think it's been 60 years. My desire is that each of my grandchildren have a copy of my book. I reread it in two hours.

No comments: