563476982

Sunday, June 14, 2020

13 and Gone With the Wind

Mother was born 110 years ago on the 13th which was her lucky number. I decided to make my own caramel corn recipe and watch GWTW on her birthday. I started at 5:30 and it lasted until 9:30. I've read the book too. They are both classics and favorites. The truth is I even saw it in the theater. I was near by and saw a friend who invited me to see it with him in downtown Salt Lake City. Here's my recipe:

Quarter Caramel Corn
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup Log Cabin syrup (no HFCS)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp salt
Boil this on low.
Heat a skillet on high and when 3 kernels pop add 1/2 cup popcorn and hold skillet above high heat until popped, about 3 minutes. I pop without oil.
Add 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp vanilla to candy mixture and stir.
Put popped corn in large bowl and stir in fluffed candy mixture mixing up nicely. Enjoy!

No comments: