563476982

Monday, July 2, 2012

Alameda County Fair Turns 100




Forty years ago I went with a date to see the fair. Unfortunately I got cramps and was sick on the curb and we never went in. When I found out Thursday the fair is 100 this year I knew I had to make another attempt to go for the first time. Rick Springfield had a concert at 7 p.m. and I danced to his music though can't say I'm a fan of him. I enjoyed walking all over the expansive grounds to see the exhibits, barn animals, bunnies, chickens, etc., and loved every minute of it on a mild summer evening in Pleasanton, California. I stayed until 9:45 p.m. and managed to find my way back to my car at the right entrance. I love doing events on centennials and other big anniversaries and this was no exception. I highly recommend this old fashioned county fair.

No comments: