563476982

Thursday, April 5, 2012

A's 8 GIANTS 1, April 4, 2012









I got the afternoon off and walked to AT&T Park with my $6 ticket from Sunset Events found in the morning. At least there was no rain and it was sunny. The wind reminded me of the song Whip It. The flags at VR 304 were whipping to the point I hoped they wouldn't dislodge and fly off into the bay. The stadium filled to near capacity and I was in time for The National Anthem which actually starts 15 minutes earlier than game time at 12:45. I had my binoculars and scoped out catcher Buster Posey and in the 8th inning pitcher Brian Wilson as well as the lovely Oakland Temple that graces the hills. I froze the entire game in the shade, ate my cheese sandwich and had a good time watching the Giants lose. :( I had never seen a Giants/A's game and they were hitting them to the stands. I was reminded of another song, One is the Loneliest Number, as the Giants ended with one run. I don't know if gulls tell time and knew the game was ending or whether when the stands emptied it was safe to swoop in but come they did at 3:45 making the game three hours and two minutes, as announced. Then I started picking up discarded Giants cups to clean and have in my drawings box at the family reunion June 9. Everyone loves them. I petted a police horse on my way to Red's Java House for my chili cheese fries eating out on the patio. I stopped to read a couple chapters on my walk along The Embarcadero to catch my train home. I saw the full moon (April 6) in the evening blue sky, the cows in the field by the station and fell into my car utterly exhausted and ready for a bath. Good times.

No comments: