563476982

Friday, April 6, 2012

Twenty-Year Anniversary with City




I looked it up in my journal and April 7 I got my first civil service position with the City and today is the closest work day to that anniversary. I started as class 1424 in 1992 and when I began a new position in 2000 I worked in class 1426, higher rank, higher pay. I'm content where I'm covering Unit U43 and July 2 will be my five-year anniversary with them in DHS where I've been since 2004. Food is non-stop, I shop at lunchtime including farmers market every Wednesday and there are regular free concerts in City Hall. Life is good.

2 comments:

Penny said...

I didn't know this about you. I think it would be fun to be in your position! I still get homesick for San Francisco, wherever I am. Just because.

baby said...

I especially love to get out of my usual three-block area and walk to the ballpark and along The Embarcadero.