563476982

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Stories






The Gift of Love: A Christmas Story (1983)




I've watched these TV-taped shows so much that the video is wearing out on some. These are all absolutely adorable movies. I've read A Christmas Memory and enjoyed it. A Child's Christmas in Wales is more enjoyable to watch and better understood. It's impossible to get through them without crying. Naturally I watch a version of Scrooge each and every season and have a collection of them on videos. I'm very fond of It's a Wonderful Life too. Remakes of it have failed miserably.








4 comments:

Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
baby said...

Penny,
How great. How do you get around in Alaska? Resend your post to me with Olie instead. Thank you so much. I can't figure out how to edit comments.

Penny said...

Olie! I was just thinking it was time for me to get out my copies of these movies and start watching them. I'm in Juneau tonight and we went to a theatre production of A Christmas Carol. It was quite charming and true to Dickens writing. Also, next week in Anchorage I will be going to another play--a 1940s radio show of It's A Wonderful Life. Really looking forward to it and will be thinking of you!

Penny said...

Mostly bus, drive and walk when I can. Sometimes fly because I have to travel a lot for work where the road system doesn't go. Thinking about taking a sled dog tour to the base of Denali next month. Oh, and train, but that's kind of expensive, more for a little get-away-treat somewhere kind of close. That's it so far--haven't been on a snow machine, yet.