563476982

Friday, October 7, 2011

Grants for the Arts 50th Anniversary




I was part of a celebration in City Hall Rotunda at noon today celebrating with dance and song after Mayor Lee issued a proclamation for the special day. I invited tourists and someone I know along the way to City Hall. As I looked around I was perhaps the only one with a folding lawn chair. Having endured numb bum sitting on the marble floor for other entertainment I brought my own which caught the attention of people my age forced to sit on the floor. Hawaiian dance to I Left My Heart in San Francisco, Theatre Flamenco, and a Beach Blanket Babylon singer in pink gown and hair belting out San Francisco lasted only until 12:30 and all were invited to the South Hall for beverages and finger foods accompanied by a lovely string trio. In the North Hall banners were hung from 1961 for Grants for the Arts. Weather was fine and beautiful and it was a fine hour in the city.

No comments: