563476982

Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Anniversary Michael

October 18 marks the anniversary of Michael's birthday and I'm remembering him, especially our last one together. I'm wearing the same magenta and white print dress I wore last year. Missing is the Scrabble game, our last together, and some Hawaiian music. It was a wonderful celebration and I am thankful for him and our shared life together. As if in celebration two coworkers brought in homemade chocolate chip cookies and chocolate or chocolate chip bakery muffins. Here is a 60 Minutes clip of Michael's hometown, 46 years before he was born. This is Market Street where apparently there were no traffic laws whatsoever. My observations: Good grief. Everyone is dressed up. Doesn't anyone watch where they're going? There are no crosswalks? Not for the faint of heart to watch. Extraordinary footage just before the 1906 earthquake. And I thought San Francisco drivers were bad now.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-20019755-10391709.html

No comments: