563476982

Monday, August 10, 2009

Traveling in European Nations--my list

This was for 13 months in 1968 and 1969, hitchhiking, taking the train, and working the winter of 1968 in Zermatt, Switzerland, for two hotel/restaurants in succession as chambermaid and dishwasher. A passenger on the flight over suggested I go to the north countries first before winter, so I did. I stayed in youth hostels, pensiones, and with friends. I knew one person, a former roommate, in Europe before I left for Luxembourg and she lived and worked in Rome and had learned Italian. I'm still friends with an American named Kaarlyn I met in Monaco. I have a niece Jade Kaarlyn who was born in Rome.


Iceland Airport
Luxembourg
Holland
Greece
Germany
Belgium
Denmark
Ireland
Switzerland
England
Scotland
Spain
Italy
France
Sweden
Austria
Norway

No comments: