563476982

Friday, August 14, 2009

Latter-day Prophets







I have been in the same room with three latter-day prophets. I saw President David O. McKay in the Salt Lake City Tabernacle in the 60s. I burned that image into my mind and still have it. He was 9th President of the Church. When I lived in Salt Lake City I was in the North 18th Ward and Joseph Fielding Smith, Jr., was pointed out to me as President of the Quorum of the Twelve. He became the 10th President of the Church. When I was in the San Francisco Singles Ward in the 70s we met in the Bay Ward building and after a traumatic incident Apostle Thomas S. Monson came and spoke to us in the Relief Society room. The Spirit was felt so strongly in his presence I wished more than anything never to have to leave that room that day. President Monson leads the Church at this time.

No comments: