563476982

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Celebrities I've Seen



Jack Palance, Knott's Berry Farm, 50s--we got his autograph.
The Everly Brothers, 50s--I was standing in the front row as they performed at the Solano County Fair, Vallejo.
Robert Redford, Provo, Utah, mid 60s--my friend Pooh and I followed him all over downtown Provo on foot.
Ricky Nelson, Salt Lake City, mid 60s.
Peter, Paul, and Mary, near Salt Lake City, mid 60s.
Trini Lopez, near Salt Lake City, mid 60s.

Linda Ronstadt, University of Utah. She was wearing gigantic hoop earrings.

Janis Joplin, Golden Gate Park

Country Joe McDonald and the Fish, Golden Gate Park and Todos Santos Plaza, Concord, California
Elvis Presley, Cow Palace, San Francisco, 1970--Standing in the left balcony facing the stage I was with a date but entirely lost my head like everyone else I was so excited.
Tom Jones, New Jersey, early 70s.

Beau Bridges, Ghirardelli Square at night with my sister and niece. I said, "Aren't you a movie star? Want to go out dancing?" He declined and on our walk to the car I suddenly remembered his name and screamed it. I later learned he was in the city filming a documentary about teens and whether eating dinner with the family is crucial to their well being.

Reggie Jackson, Golden Gate Park, Singles Ward outing. At least I think that's his name. I was introduced to him by a guy in the Singles Ward as I stood beside him and didn't know who he was. The three of us were just talking.
Clint Eastwood, Pacific Heights on location, San Francisco, 70s--I first saw him from the bus but didn't believe it was really him. On my way to do laundry I saw the film crew and walked in the garage. I asked him for his autograph and he patted me on the head. I was wearing pig tails at the time.
Danny Glover, Haight Street, San Francisco--I said hello and he offered me his hand. It's huge, like a baseball glove.
Bob Dylan, Warfield Theatre, Market Street, San Francisco, November 1979, with a date.
John Denver, intimate venue downtown San Francisco, 80s, with my husband Michael. We were in the front row. I may have won tickets.
McLean Stevenson, Golden Gate Park near Bandshell, 80s--he was on vacation with his family, and smoking!

Elizabeth Taylor, Passport Show, San Francisco, 1997?
Tina Turner, Passport Show, San Francisco, 1997?--she didn't perform. :(

Marie Osmond, on stage as Anna in The King and I, San Francisco, Spring 1998
Kenny G, Masonic Auditorium, San Francisco.
Gladys Knight fireside, Interstake Center, Oakland, California, early 2000s
Etta James, Masonic Auditorium, 2000, San Francisco.
Lou Rawls, Masonic Auditorium, 2000, San Francisco.
Willie Mays, San Francisco event to raise awareness for a new downtown ballpark, 90s, now AT&T.
Cher, Sleep Train Pavilion, Concord, California, 2003?
Gladys Knight and SUV Choir, Interstake Center, Oakland, California, late 2000s.
Lani Misalucha, Interstake Center, Oakland, California, late 2000s.

Sal Valentino, Todos Santos Plaza, Concord, California, August 20, 2009, and spoke with him August 27, 2009. "Are you Sal Valentino (as we crossed Willow Pass Road together when the light changed)? You sang for us last week. Thank you." He's the legendary lead singer of the Beau Brummels.

Lavay Smith and Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers, July 1, 2010, Jessie Square, Mission Street, San Francisco, for the second time there and other times in Union Square and Golden Gate Park.

Maria Muldaur, Todos Santos Plaza, July 6, 2010.

Tony Bennett, feted at City Hall, San Francisco, February 14, 2012. He didn't sing.

2 comments:

evelania said...

That's a fun list. I know I've seen celebrities before but I can never remember afterwards. Although at the hotel we were just staying at in Berlin, a whole bunch of the World Championships Athletes were staying there.

baby said...

Thank you Eve.