563476982

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Moon on Horizons




The full moon is actually today. Yesterday morning when I arose at 5:30 I gasped when I saw a gorgeous gold moon in the west. Then to my surprise when I came home after 6 there it was in the east, again on the horizon, in the opposite direction. I am a moongazer.

Postscript Friday morning: Again on opposite horizons like bookends I watched the moon disappear in the west as dawn claimed the last visible outline, and there in the east was the rising sun.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Sheer magic! I love looking at the moon anytime I can. One time driving to SLC from San Francisco, a big harvest moon was directly ahead of us, seeming to be on the highway where we would eventually have to drive through it if we kept going. I'll never forget that feeling. Then when we got closer, of course, it got higher in the sky. Like all other illusions, it was lying to us!

baby said...

Thank you Penny. What a lovely memory. Two Thanksgivings ago I returned to a low golden moon over Concord that was absolutely huge and breathtaking. What a defining moment. Another time was taking the train down the coast to Vermont in the fall with a full harvest moon for our view.