563476982

Monday, December 19, 2011

No More Santa, written for Harry's Monday Update


Yesterday was my wedding anniversary, December 11. I say "my" because there's no more "our." Here's my Christmas message to you all as we celebrate the birth of Christ our Savior: Some years ago I used to spend a day and a half wrapping presents but Santa didn't wrap anything. He shopped at Target at the last minute and made sure the stockings were filled with candy, nuts, flashlights and goodies late Christmas Eve. He left presents Christmas morning by the tree, all unwrapped. So I complained that he never wrapped any presents after I spent so much time doing just that. I even complained that Santa brought me DVDs of movies I could easily see on TV. Do you know how ashamed I feel now? Because I have not only no unwrapped presents from Santa, I have no Santa. I hope you can find a message for your Christmas this season in my experience and find joy with your loved ones surrounding you. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Olie

"Thank you, Olie, that was a very touching and wonderful reminder to all of us to appreciate and cherish what we have."

No comments: