563476982

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Vege Dish






I've had to brush up my cooking skills and I'm very happy to have come up with a vege dish in a cast iron skillet I enjoy. I shop farmers markets for the most part and here's the recipe:

Make hashbrowns with a potato and carrot. I use the coconut oil Constance gave me to coat a hot skillet and saute red onion, remove, and add later. Chop your favorite veges like spinach, bok choy, chard, kale, beets and beet tops, mushrooms, long beans, broccoli, snow peas, green beans, cabbage, garlic, etc. Season to taste and top with cheese. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes, depending on taste.

I find that I look forward to this meal and add corn on the cob on weekends when I have more time.

I eat a variety of fruits and haven't bought meat in a long time. I make a power shake using a cup of almond milk, frozen banana, and all the powder supplements and drops in the cupboard.

No comments: