563476982

Saturday, April 9, 2011

What Color Are the Wooden Tables at Red's JAVA HOUSE?




So after discovering I can no longer snag a $10 sidewalk ticket at AT&T now that the Giants are World Series champs I still enjoyed myself around the Park for an hour having walked from work at 1 p.m. for the 1:35 home opener against the St. Louis Cardinals. It was a great day, sunny and mild, a bit chilly when the wind came up. I ended up at Red's JAVA HOUSE just to check out this icon along the bay. I saw someone's chili cheese fries and at $3.88 I couldn't beat it. There was seating in the front, back under the canvas tarp and outside in the patio right on the water. I chose inside under the tarp where webbed feet of gulls walked or the shadows of pigeons and gulls flew over. At my table was a 20-something couple on a road trip together and headed to Austin for a wedding, where I just flew from. He stuck some chewing tobacco between his bottom front teeth and gums and spit out into his beer can every few minutes. I felt like telling him there's a better way to live. The atmosphere was lively and friendly. He's actually a Cardinals fan. I shared with them my 48-state-trip story and publishing the journal last year. I looked at all the photos of celebs around the joint and took it all in. I left when the score was 3/2 Giants in the 8th inning. I walked to Embarcadero Cinema but missed Jane Eyre by 45 minutes. Getting tired having walked all over the city I was glad to arrive home on BART and begin a relaxing evening of Oprah, a new show called Chaos I enjoyed, and Blue Bloods. Giants won 5/4 in the 12th inning around 6 p.m., the time I got home!

No comments: