563476982

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Magna Cum Laude



I had a 12-day vacation in Utah to enjoy the college graduation of my youngest son Paul who had a 3.84 gpa. There were many events including the commencement, convocation, multi-cultural breakfast, first-generation reception where President Matthew Holland spoke with the graduate and me. There was another meet and greet with him before the convocation that we did not arrive in time for. Pictures were taken after on the lawn and Rick went down before his name was read to get a picture too. A buffet was available for us after as well and we were the last to leave. We met up at Paul's new condo which is fabulous. It was a whirlwind two days. We ate at Tsunami, and a place at the college between events, after the commencement an excellent Indian cuisine, and topped it off at Texas Roadhouse with everyone who attended the convocation. Congratulations to my son. I attended the temple with my friend Carolyn and was thrilled to see the painting Beaux had told me about where he modeled for the Savior with the two Lamanite children. I arrived early on a Thursday to watch my daughter's children while she had a reunion with college roommates until Sunday. Two of my five grandboys are born one day apart and the celebration Sunday for them after she arrived was wonderful with three grandparents attending. We got the news she's expecting and I'm very happy about that. The moms, their boys and I went to the dinosaur museum which was a great time and we ate an inside picnic together there first. I attended church twice and neighbors had parties we were invited to including a Cinco de Mayo patio party and on Sunday a buffet after a baby blessing. Those were so enjoyable. Neighbors were aware of Freeplay and had signed up. While at the college between events we all played in the game area: ping pong, air hockey, pool, bowling. I didn't bowl. At home the children enjoyed a day in the jumpy house and played inside and out. Stephanie prepared many delicious meals. She made a breakfast oatmeal for us and I made my uncooked oatmeal for the five grandboys and me other times. I read to the boys, changed diapers and assisted with training and washing hands after. I enlisted help to unload the dishwasher which the boys enjoyed too. We played bat and ball and I attended two of Adam's baseball games, and after the first one the boys had a great time playing at a wonderful playground. I only smelled smoke once the entire stay in Utah. We had a pro photo shoot outdoors. My five grandboys are five and under. Life is good.




No comments: