563476982

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Shall we not go forward in so great a work.

FamilySearch.org

It all started in December 2012 when I checked out familysearch.org to see if some family names were correct. I found an error with an aunt. Someone had replaced my information with the wrong person. I had to wait until Christmas break was over at the Family History Center, bring in my family history, and get help to correct the errors. I asked how to find names that needed temple work done and how to add pictures and crop them for the profile pages. With help from youth, brethren and my children and their spouses we are now past 1500 temple ordinances completed. In 2016 I had a great experience filling out Family Booklet and I’m so glad to have pictures to attach to the ancestor profiles. By signing on to familysearch.org I can access free of charge ancestry.com and myheritage.com which is how I found one last ancestor’s photo. I was so thrilled. Since August 2016 I’ve been correcting errors in familysearch.org. A common one is calling the United States a nation before 1776. It is British Colonial America. Some of my ancestors came to America in the 1500s; most came in the 1600s. Months are spelled out and by clicking the green area it standardizes dates and places. By looking for errors I inevitably find more names that need temple work. By attending the temple weekly I have accomplished much and look forward to my time in the temple. I can participate in the male ordinances in the sealing room by being a proxy wife or daughter. Shall we not go forward in so great a work.

No comments: