563476982

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Ninth Annual 555 California Street Tree Lighting, My First

This is such a stunning tree I discovered by accident several years ago, never realizing there was an annual tree lighting. Thankfully better late than never. I arrived at 5:00 having walked through Union Square to a band playing and a nice crowd at the building I'd watched being built in 1964 when I moved to the city and got a job at Continental Insurance Companies in the financial district. Dignitaries, 49er owners, football players and former Mayor Willie Brown were set up in a chandeliered tent adjacent the stage. They were all introduced later including Ronnie Lott. 49er cheerleaders posed with people for pictures. Kind bars were handed out. Samples of hot chocolate and egg nog were available along with red antlers and green trees for our heads. In fact the person who gave me mine asked if she could take my picture I looked so festive in my green coat. I danced to the music and had a wonderful evening that lasted 1-1/2 hours. Andy Grammer performed for us, fresh from DWTS competition. The tree was lit and what a stunner, fresh from Mt. Shasta. Samples of yogurt were available and someone with chocolate bar samples offered me an 18 Rabbits, my first. Then around the corner at a warehouse sale where BofA used to be I ate salted caramel ice cream samples. So it was quite a night and next year will be the 10th anniversary. I don't want to miss it. On my way home I found a pink kid's chair so there I was on BART with my red antlers and pink chair but no one noticed. They were all planted in their cells. Then the next night on Wednesday I watched Rockefeller Christmas and who performed but Andy Grammer. He's a busy man going coast to coast for engagements.



No comments: