563476982

Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2

Marking my birthday is important to me. Any plans to ride my bike, hike or swim were canceled due to rain, thunder, lighting, and hail throughout the beautiful day. I got up about 6:30 and immediately set off in my pj's for a walk in the rain, discovering my new rainboots are waterproof. I saw Tyce speeding off to school and Kelley on her porch ready to wish me a happy birthday and give me an Aloha hug. She said I made her day, and she helped make mine. They brought over a card and chocolate chip cookies the night before. The garage door was open at the rose garden and I discovered it completely made over for bunny rabbits. How delightful. On around the block I decided to stop by Lucy's who I haven't seen since summer. She was so happy to see me she hugged me and about cried. Turns out she'd had a stroke and was so grateful for my visit. She's about 90% restored. She set about making pomegranate tea and offered to make breakfast of delicious scrambled cheesy egg, beans and tortillas. Delicious. I enjoyed our visit and went home wet to take a bath. I journaled, got cards ready for my children's November birthdays, did ledger/register work and by then it was time to walk to the library to get online and read the paper. I remembered to watch RTM and decided to print out a 31 Flavors gift certificate for a free cone and get a tiny burrito at Los Gallos. I ate in the lovely Todos Santos and ate my cone on the walk home, stopping a moment at the library. Strangers were saying hello and people were kind increasing my birthday experience. I'd gotten cards, FB greetings, calls and messages including talking with all my children and oldest grandson and being sung to by them. My friend Kathy of some 43 years brought me a card, purple coin purse and See's certificate and we went to The Cheesecake Factory in W.C. It's beautiful. I suggested we split the food and it took time but we decided what to eat. I definitely prefer the booths and will speak up next time. Three of the staff sang to me. Kathy stopped to shop and we made it back to watch DWTS and Law and Order. I guess with all the sugar and excitement I could not fall asleep. I got cards and two arrived on my birthday. It was a wonderful day, not complete until I heard the Greenes sing to me. Thank you all friends and family.


November 4 I paid $20 rush for the matinee of Riverdance 20 Years. What a show and I was in D4, right in front. I'm so glad I was able to get in. Walking down Market before dark seeing my favorite streetcar 1061 before and after the show  and even helping someone find Macy's along the way was exciting. I used Kathy's certificate at See's and got home at my regular time. That is something I could do in the future--see all the matinees in the city.



No comments: