563476982

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

J and M at Gramma's

MM
JD
J and M


Tuesday night I received a call from S that she was on her way with the twins. I took Wednesday off and waited impatiently for my first double-the-pleasure experience of caring for both of them. I had the family room set up like a nursery and booster seats fastened to kitchen chairs. I read to them as they busied themselves from one toy to the next, I danced with them, I laughed with them. I decided to take a walk around the block before lunch and stopped at the Herberts and Joy D. to say hello. Then came lunch, clean-up and naps. M went right to sleep with a sound machine but J was standing up and I brought him on my bed and soothed him to sleep. With the staggered sleep times I had time with each. Thursday is farmers market and though the concerts are over I had my heart set on taking them to the plaza. I left work early and had a swim before they were dropped off. First stop was small burritos and eating in the courtyard by the fountain on another hot Indian summer night. Lights on all the trees was magical in a fairyland setting. Families ate picnic dinners on blankets on the grass in the dark. I loved it. They walked along holding the barrier. They will stand alone but don't walk. Soon it was time to call and say we were headed home and S met us halfway and loaded up the precious cargo. Each time she has a different Bell child with her for a date. My next adventure after Temple Hill on Saturday was going straight to the Bells in hopes of catching them before a soccer game. And I did! She showed up right after I got there and I got to spend a half hour or so with the twins. That night they came over again and we played and I read to them about 1-1/2 hours before some food and bedtime at 8 p.m. What a delight to be together and know they were just down the hall in my home. I look forward to being with my four grandsons for the first time and having a picture. That was a wonderful several days of quality time together. Love you boys.

No comments: