563476982

Friday, October 31, 2014

Third World Series Championship Parade Down Market Street

After crashing a pizza, chicken, ice cream and candy party I headed to Market Street with my round step stool and found my spot in front of a tree at McAllister. Umbrellas were necessary and I had mine. Tee shirts were going for $10 and $15 and I snagged four. The smells are mostly of smoke. A couple in front of me were having a profanity-laced argument. A man snatched a phone from a young woman and she gave chase. I got comments today like the one from the accordion player, "I love your purple hair." People said to me how smart I was to bring the stool. People took pictures of me, one up close. I love the double-tiered sightseeing buses for the players this year, covered in black and orange, with their names and numbers. I saw Hunter Pence big as ever, arms outstretched. I saw Tim Lincecum and Mr. and Mrs. Buster Posey. I saw other players but they're not as recognizable to me. My stool was splattered with mud so I rinsed it at the fountain at Civic Center. Then I saw a family looking at the street map and helped them find their way to San Francisco State on the M underground. I feel like I have a permanent smile on my face, so happy for the Giants third World Series Championship. I updated my permanent signature on my e-mails. It happens every two years. A party at 3:00. It's Halloween after all.
Mad Bum
Buster Posey and wife

No comments: