563476982

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Disney's The Lion King, on stage

Having ushered for four decades and seeing shows for free I don't spend much money on tickets. Tickets can go for as much as we paid for a car once, $300. No way. I conceived of the idea that has been successful when I can't usher or volunteers are no longer used. I ask patrons selling tickets on the sidewalk if they'll sell a ticket to me for $20. At first they laugh, then as they haven't found a buyer and it's close to starting time, that $20 bill looks pretty good. I got lucky yesterday when I took time off to hopefully see the matinee. I was crossing Market Street and turned around and asked if anyone had a ticket they weren't using. The first person I asked said she did. I told her I had to shop farmers market for vegetables and I'd give her $20 when I got back if she couldn't sell it for more. I doubt she tried and I got my $59 group ticket for mezzanine. The Lion King is a people pleaser and fabulous musical that I thoroughly enjoyed. The sets, acting by youth and adults, singing and dancing are superb and does not disappoint. I was absolutely thrilled to have gotten to see it only days before it closes. I remember Oprah telling us to see it and I've never forgotten that. It rocks!

No comments: