563476982

Friday, December 7, 2012

Thanksgiving Day 2012

I spent Thanksgiving in Louisiana this year with my daughter, her husband, their first baby, and Paul who also flew in. We accepted an invitation from a family who often invites newly relocated families and they have a huge, stately home on a hill in a new development. Part of the dishes were pot luck from the four invited families and the food was delicious. When the pies and whipped cream were ready I asked for a picture. We ate at two decorated tables in the home and were on the terrace overlooking the pool to enjoy the afternoon sun for dessert. Of course I sampled all of them. Unfortunately mother and baby slept and/or nursed much of the day in the guest room. Paul got almost everyone involved in Dominion. I was allowed to explore the upper floor and partially finished lower level. It was a unique day. At our table I suggested we each tell what we're thankful for. I remember Rick saying he was thankful for his strikingly beautiful wife and modern technology that allowed them to have their baby. Amen.

No comments: