563476982

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Painting the House Trim


Paul and I have white paint on our hands from sanding, priming and painting the white trim after Brother Moore replaced rotted wood on two north-facing windows. There was peeling on the garage trim and areas in the front too. First I had to look for sandpaper, a brush, masking tape, primer and paint in the garage and in the process found two pair of painting pants. I put the smaller pair on but Paul declined wearing the other. It was a full day and a rare experience to work together doing what I'd always relied on Michael to do. We had to pick up some new paint and got a detail brush, then enjoyed eating sandwiches in the patio. I'm feeling much better about the wood being sealed and painted and glad for Paul's help and company. I took a deserved 30-minute swim before we made tortilla casserole and apple crisp using our own picked green apples. He thanked me multiple times for dinner as well as Adam when he came home after work and working out in the city.

No comments: