563476982

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mexico After Jaws in the 70s


When the beaches of Mazatlan were deserted I immediately thought it was because people were afraid after seeing Jaws. It was probably just the time of year we were visiting, during Mexico's Independence Day in September. There was a parade in the village we were in at the time. A girlfriend and I stayed in a nice hotel on the beach in Mazatlan. We took the bus and train to Hermosillo and Guadalajara where exhaust from buses is out of control. I believe it was in Hermosillo where we both got very bad, short haircuts. I laughed when my friend knocked on our hotel room standing there with her hair whacked off, like mine already was. It was hot and dusty, the trains were without air, poverty and litter along the tracks. And after meeting a neat German guy and taking his picture my camera was stolen which was devastating to me. It was an adventure we suffered through together before our marriages.

No comments: